Question Unanswered: Problem of cgi-bin running on Apache

First of all thanks a lot for helping me out. Now I have successfully installed & connected DBI and DBD oracle and able to retrieve information from Oracle
    Now I have one more problem
    I have a perl script which retrives data through Oracle input done by a user and displays on a browser. For this I have written a Perl script and now when I put it in C:\Apache2\cgi-bin\view.pl and when I open my browser and onto http://localhost/cgi-bin/view.pl
    I get Internal Server Error
    I have Apache 2 running successfully on my Win NT machine
    so wheres the problem and how do i run my scrips on Apache ?
    I wud appriciate any input on this
    Thanks a lot
    Ronan

Is mod_perl absolutely essential to connect with Apache when I have ActivePerl5.6 and Oracle 8i with BDB and DBI installed successfully???
    thanks in advanced
    ronan

Changed your file CHMOD to 755

I know i'm a bit late but what is the files CHMOD set to..?

It's probably set right but as i've learned from forums as hard as the problem seems it could just be so simple... jaeman

Originally posted by ronan_40060
    Is mod_perl absolutely essential to connect with Apache when I have ActivePerl5.6 and Oracle 8i with BDB and DBI installed successfully???
    thanks in advanced
    ronan
    No, it's not absolutely essential to use mod_perl, although it will be more efficient to use it, since mod_perl is built right in to Apache. Your schtuff will still work without mod_perl, however.

Since you're on a Windows machine, the CHMOD solution does not apply to you...

You can check the Apache error log to see if there's a blurb in there about what's going wrong. The log can give some useful clues about what's gone awry in your scripts.

Have you checked the syntax of your code? It could be something as miniscule as a missing semicolon somewhere.

To check the syntax of your code, use the -wc flags to tell the perl interpreter to perform a syntax check on the script (instead of running the script):

C:
    cd C:\Apache2\cgi-bin\
    perl -wc view.pl assuming your PATH environment variable is set correctly

If your syntax is okay, you will most likely get this as output:

view.pl syntax OK

If there's a problem, you should see some kind of diagnostic message instead of the syntax OK message.

Does this help at all? What have you got?

I know I'm late, but if the problem still exists you might look into the Apache's error.log. There is a more detailed description about the error.