Provided Answers: 5

Unanswered: LinkmasterFields and Access versioning issues

Hello all! i have been on vacation of sorts.
    Strange issue here

i have a subform , with linked master and child fields to the parent form.
    On the subform I have a combo box with an after update event. On win98 machines using Access2000 I get all the expected behavior one would expect with the linked fields and the afterupdate event. However, when placing the app on a win2000 machine using AccessXp (the db is still in 2000 format) everytime I select an item from the list the following error occurrs:
    The linkmasterfields property has produced this error: 'The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'Treatment Plans'"

Then my after update code runs appropriately, and I can even go back to that combobox and select a diifferent item with no furhter message. This only happens on the win2000 and Accessxp machines.

Any versioning or OS issues with linkmasterfields out there?

Provided Answers: 5

Re: LinkmasterFields and Access versioning issues

Issue resolved - there are registry issues between accessxp and 2000. In order to eliminate the error - one has to only identify the control(field) in the linkmaster property instead of the complete literal
    for instance
    myid instead of mytable.myid

Originally posted by axsprog
    Hello all! i have been on vacation of sorts.
    Strange issue here

i have a subform , with linked master and child fields to the parent form.
    On the subform I have a combo box with an after update event. On win98 machines using Access2000 I get all the expected behavior one would expect with the linked fields and the afterupdate event. However, when placing the app on a win2000 machine using AccessXp (the db is still in 2000 format) everytime I select an item from the list the following error occurrs:
    The linkmasterfields property has produced this error: 'The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'Treatment Plans'"

Then my after update code runs appropriately, and I can even go back to that combobox and select a diifferent item with no furhter message. This only happens on the win2000 and Accessxp machines.

Any versioning or OS issues with linkmasterfields out there?