Unanswered: Expiring log files from TSM?

Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.0.24", "s030728", "U488482", and FixPak "3". on Solaris 2.8

As someone new to DB2 UDB I'm still trying to get my hands around a backup and recovery strategy. I'll be backing up the database online to TSM and know I can use the supplied user exit for copying the archived log files to TSM. My question is what is the process/best practice for expiring the old archive logs out of TSM when they are no longer needed?

For example, if I use db2adutl to delete all full backups older than 14 days and now my oldest log is now S0006157.LOG, how do I tell TSM to expire anything prior to S0006157.LOG? Is there an automated way?

TIA

Ken

Re: Expiring log files from TSM?

Originally posted by ksimpson
    Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.0.24", "s030728", "U488482", and FixPak "3". on Solaris 2.8

As someone new to DB2 UDB I'm still trying to get my hands around a backup and recovery strategy. I'll be backing up the database online to TSM and know I can use the supplied user exit for copying the archived log files to TSM. My question is what is the process/best practice for expiring the old archive logs out of TSM when they are no longer needed?

For example, if I use db2adutl to delete all full backups older than 14 days and now my oldest log is now S0006157.LOG, how do I tell TSM to expire anything prior to S0006157.LOG? Is there an automated way?

TIA

Ken
    You should use the db2adutl delete logs between ... command to delete them. There might be users around who have created a script for this already.