Unanswered: SQL Server via DSN

I have an Access 97 database with linked SQL Server tables. The SQL server database itself is located on a remote machine.

The DSN that is used to access the linked data is set up to use the SQL Server "sa"-type account to get to the data (as opposed to Windows authentication).

My question is this: what username (network) is being used to generate the connection to the remote machine?

Thanks
    Tim

using sa is waaaaaaaaaay baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

And since it's using sql server security, it's not using a domain account...
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
    using sa is waaaaaaaaaay baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

And since it's using sql server security, it's not using a domain account...
    way bad is an understantment. that give your app free reign over the server. It can do whatever the enduser says...even if the end user doesnt mean it
    Jim

Recognizing the problem with sa account

Yes, we reciognize that usinf the sa account itself is not the best solution (actually we are not using sa itself, but a similar, differently named account).

I need to know how the connection to the remote machine is being made; which username is being used.

Thanks
    Tim

Originally posted by JDionne
    way bad is an understantment. that give your app free reign over the server. It can do whatever the enduser says...even if the end user doesnt mean it
    Jim