Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10

    Unhappy Unanswered: delete corrupted database

    Irritation: How can I delete an Access 2000 database which I have badly mismanaged or has become corrupted ?
    Compact and repair, rename, delete, move are blocked with security violation messages. Oddly I have imported all objects into another database with full effective rights.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    1,969
    Provided Answers: 1

    Re: delete corrupted database

    Originally posted by Dalbir Singh
    Irritation: How can I delete an Access 2000 database which I have badly mismanaged or has become corrupted ?
    Compact and repair, rename, delete, move are blocked with security violation messages. Oddly I have imported all objects into another database with full effective rights.
    Try to reboot your system from a diskett [win98 for example], then form the dos prombt try to delete the .mdb file

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10
    I can boot with Windows98 but I cannot change directory because the Winodows 2000 directory names appear in a truncated form which DOS does not recognise ...
    What now ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    1,969
    Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by Dalbir Singh
    I can boot with Windows98 but I cannot change directory because the Winodows 2000 directory names appear in a truncated form which DOS does not recognise ...
    What now ?
    If you have a directory called [MyLongFilesNames] then type in dos

    c:\> cd mylong~1
    then press [enter], you will be able to enter the Directory [MyLongFilesNames]

    and so on

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10

    Talking

    Thank you hammbakka: problem solved and now I also know how to reference longnames in DOS.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    1,969
    Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by Dalbir Singh
    Thank you hammbakka: problem solved and now I also know how to reference longnames in DOS.
    Happy that you could solve your problem.
    Salam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •