Unhappy Unanswered: delete corrupted database

Irritation: How can I delete an Access 2000 database which I have badly mismanaged or has become corrupted ?
    Compact and repair, rename, delete, move are blocked with security violation messages. Oddly I have imported all objects into another database with full effective rights.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: delete corrupted database

Originally posted by Dalbir Singh
    Irritation: How can I delete an Access 2000 database which I have badly mismanaged or has become corrupted ?
    Compact and repair, rename, delete, move are blocked with security violation messages. Oddly I have imported all objects into another database with full effective rights.
    Try to reboot your system from a diskett [win98 for example], then form the dos prombt try to delete the .mdb file

I can boot with Windows98 but I cannot change directory because the Winodows 2000 directory names appear in a truncated form which DOS does not recognise ...
    What now ?

I can boot with Windows98 but I cannot change directory because the Winodows 2000 directory names appear in a truncated form which DOS does not recognise ...
    What now ?
    If you have a directory called [MyLongFilesNames] then type in dos

c:\> cd mylong~1
    then press [enter], you will be able to enter the Directory [MyLongFilesNames]

and so on

Talking

Thank you hammbakka: problem solved and now I also know how to reference longnames in DOS.

Thank you hammbakka: problem solved and now I also know how to reference longnames in DOS.
    Happy that you could solve your problem.
    Salam