Exclamation Unanswered: oracle ins_sqlplus.mk exception

Hi all ,

While doing an Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 installation on AIX 5.10.0-04, I recleived the following message "oracle ins_sqlplus.mk exception". When i checked the install.log i founf a MakeFileException in the log.

There is no error id for this exception, but the string in the log looks like

Exception from action: make
    Exception Name: MakefileException
    Exception string: Error in invoking target install of makefile /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk
    Exception Severity: 1

From the above error it seems there is some issue with make, i also saw other objects in the same log which have been successfully processed,Only "ins_sqlplus.mk" script has a problem.
    This problem occured in the "Link ORACLE9i Database.." stage.

Any idea/help ?

Regards ,
    Deepak .

Before the installation procedure did u run the slibclin as root ?

If u do so then read the instalations notes for the apropriate aix fixes - patches oracle 9.2 needs

Hi deepak
    we both are sailing on the same boat. If u find something pls tell me also.. and i will do if i find somethign.
    i too got the same error...
    i will try agstamy's suggestion. INFACT I DID THAT BEFORE INSTALLING, i think i should try again.

From METALINK

DOC ID : 199280.1

To install Oracle9i, you must ensure that all required operating system filesets are installed on your operating system. To determine which operating system filesets are installed, enter the following command: $ lslpp -l To determine if a specific operating system fileset is installed, enter the following command: $ lslpp -l [fileset_name] The following filesets are required to install 9i Release 2 on AIX. They can be found on Disc-1 of the AIX 5L Installation Media) * bos.adt.base * bos.adt.lib * bos.adt.libm * bos.perf.libperfstat After you ensure that these filesets are installed, resume the installation or re-install Oracle 9.2.

HOPES THIS HELP

AND TE COMMAND IS /USR/SLIB/SLIBCLEAN

thanks agastamy
    You are right!!

Thanks a Lot