Unanswered: Problem with macro // importing data

I am using an Access DB created by a third party to import data from .DBF files into Access tables. The .DBF files containing the data are stored in a folder and the macro is importing from most of them with no problem. There are two files in the folder (I have verified several times that they exist) it keeps saying it cannot find. The specific error message is:

The MS Jet Database engine could not find the object 'FILENAME.DBF'
    Make sure the object exists... If i click 'OK' it continues processing until it gets to the next file it can't find. Same two files are missed each time I run the macro.

Any ideas as to why its just skipping some files and not all? Any help would be appreciated!

-JD

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Problem with macro // importing data

Originally posted by jdusc2002
    I am using an Access DB created by a third party to import data from .DBF files into Access tables. The .DBF files containing the data are stored in a folder and the macro is importing from most of them with no problem. There are two files in the folder (I have verified several times that they exist) it keeps saying it cannot find. The specific error message is:

The MS Jet Database engine could not find the object 'FILENAME.DBF'
    Make sure the object exists... If i click 'OK' it continues processing until it gets to the next file it can't find. Same two files are missed each time I run the macro.

Any ideas as to why its just skipping some files and not all? Any help would be appreciated!

-JD
    Try to import them manually, I mean from the file menu and not using a macro, and see what will happen.

I would double and triple check the path and the filename to make 100% sure that it is correct. I can’t tell you how many times I have overlooked a misspelled path or file name.

Brent