Unhappy Unanswered: Ms Access 97 Error

I have developed an application with VB 6.0 that uses a databse MS Access 97. The application has worked without problemes for several months, now, after installing it in a PC with Ms 2000 professional, when i try to compact the database i recieved this error message :
    "MSACCESS ha provocato un errore di pagina non valida nel modulo MSJET35.DLL in 017f:7a8a2394. "
    The error is in italian but i think that is compensible.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Many greetings for an answer to resolve the problem.
    Daniele M

Re: Ms Access 97 Error

Hello,

It looks like an incompatible Jet version. Try rewriting your app with the latest Jet version. Or if the DB file exists on a different server try upgrading the Jet version. Office 2k uses Jet 2.7 I think.

John

Originally posted by modani
    I have developed an application with VB 6.0 that uses a databse MS Access 97. The application has worked without problemes for several months, now, after installing it in a PC with Ms 2000 professional, when i try to compact the database i recieved this error message :
    "MSACCESS ha provocato un errore di pagina non valida nel modulo MSJET35.DLL in 017f:7a8a2394. "
    The error is in italian but i think that is compensible.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Many greetings for an answer to resolve the problem.
    Daniele M

Office 2k uses the jet 4.0, reset your references in the VB app and be sure that if you do any DAO references that you have the DAO object library 3.6. If you are not using ADO then be sure that the priority level in the references box is higher than the Acitve data objects library. If you plan to use both DAO and ADO then you will need to change any recordset references to explicitly reference DAO or ADO (e.g. Dim rs as DAO.Recordset).

There are some other things that you might need to look at as well so let me know if this helped or not.
    KC

MS Access 97?
    Jasne to się zawsze wali to trzeba by się zachibernować i obudzić za tysiąc lat jak już wszystkie poprawki będą. Ale najlepiej to wszystko odinstalować zainstalować sobie nową wersje Colina(wiecie że juz czwórka wyszła?) i grać od rana do wieczora bo ineczej to się człowiek zatyrea na śmierć, to tyle co miałem do powiedzenia, dziękuję.