Unanswered: ADO and lots of records

Which is the best way to copy a long amount of data from one table in a database to another table in another database (which are the same)??

Recordsets? CursorType? AddNew? INSERT INTO?

I need many suggestions.

Thank you.

Will this be for an access database ? Also, will this be a new table or will you be appending to an existing table ?

Re: ADO and lots of records

Originally posted by pabgarde
    Which is the best way to copy a long amount of data from one table in a database to another table in another database (which are the same)??

Recordsets? CursorType? AddNew? INSERT INTO?

I need many suggestions.

Thank you.
    Well now you're asking! lol

It's hard to say which is the best way... Different situations call for different solutions... Before I'd ever even think of giving that a response, I'd need more information...

1) You said "which are the same name"... What's the same name?... The databases or the tables?
    2) Are you in effect just wanting to update a backup table with new records?
    3) Are you wanting to automate this process for continuous use?... or is this a one off?

That being said, personally I would probably end up using an INSERT INTO statement inside a bit of automation code... (but that's just a first thought)

Re: ADO and lots of records

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear :-)

I have two access97 databases. One is a new version of the other one and I need to copy all data from one database to the other one. The destination database is empty.

I need to copy data but some tables will have different structute and some convertion must be done. Other tables will be the same and it is in that case where I need to copy lots of records (there are tables with 300.000 records).

I want to do it automatically. Customers have their old databases and we want to update them to the new one by copying all data into the new one.

I hope now it's a bit clearer.

Thanks again