Unanswered: help with SMS 03 to deploy db2 8.1 client

We are migrating our datadabe from db2 6.1 FP 8 to db2 WSEU 8.1 FP 4 in a week or two. I need a little info on how to use SMS to push the DB2 client to all the workstations. I just setup a SMS 03 server just to perform this operation. I am quite new to SMS 2003 so any information would be appreciated.

I am running SMS on win2k adv server and the new DB will be on a Compaq 2 node cluster server

Also if I am able to push the db2 8.1 client to the workstations do I have to uninstall DB2 6.1 client first?

Please help in this matter

Thanks,
    Ronnie R.
    Last edited by ronnier38930; 12-10-03 at 12:29.

Re: help with SMS 03 to deploy db2 8.1 client

Originally posted by ronnier38930
    We are migrating our datadabe from db2 6.1 FP 8 to db2 WSEU 8.1 FP 4 in a week or two. I need a little info on how to use SMS to push the DB2 client to all the workstations. I just setup a SMS 03 server just to perform this operation. I am quite new to SMS 2003 so any information would be appreciated.

I am running SMS on win2k adv server and the new DB will be on a Compaq 2 node cluster server

Also if I am able to push the db2 8.1 client to the workstations do I have to uninstall DB2 6.1 client first?

Please help in this matter

Thanks,
    Ronnie R.
    It's described in the Installation and Configuration manual.

Download link:
    ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/db2/info/vr8/pdf/letter/db2iye80.pdf

Hope this helps