Unanswered: Run-time error '424': Object Required ???

All,

I am having trouble with a visual basic application / database. The application was written using visual basic 4. When you open and run the application (executable), the program is supposed to take data from an Access 97 database, format it, and spit out a formatted text file.

I did not write either the program or the database. Also, I am not a programmer or D.B. expert.

This program has worked perfectly for several years now. Now, suddenly, when I try to run the program, I get the following error:

Run-time error '424':
    Object Required

I retrieved a backed up version of both the executable and the database from a version that I know used to work. Any ideas why I might suddenly have a problem?

Please help!

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: Run-time error '424': Object Required ???

Originally posted by tx_aggie99
    All,

I am having trouble with a visual basic application / database. The application was written using visual basic 4. When you open and run the application (executable), the program is supposed to take data from an Access 97 database, format it, and spit out a formatted text file.

I did not write either the program or the database. Also, I am not a programmer or D.B. expert.

This program has worked perfectly for several years now. Now, suddenly, when I try to run the program, I get the following error:

Run-time error '424':
    Object Required

I retrieved a backed up version of both the executable and the database from a version that I know used to work. Any ideas why I might suddenly have a problem?

Please help!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Might be way off base... but have you recently upgraded your Microsoft Office?? ...It may be doing some kind of conversion when the automation part of the code is running...