Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2

    Question Unanswered: ORA-01403 Error using OLEDB with VB app & Oracle 9.2

    I've got a VB6 app using OLEDB to communicate with an Oracle 9.2 DB. When I get the recordset (ADO) back from a query & try to step through the values in the collection I get either a null response or the ORA-01403 error msg (No data found) rather than the data columns I'm trying to retrieve. Issuing the select through SQL+ works showing the data that's available that I know is there and I want to use in my app.

    Anyone hit the same problem? I seem to remember it happening to me once a long time ago but don't recall how I fixed it (if I did or if I ended up doing something else to make it work).

    Thanks,
    Jim

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    354
    You might want to check the following article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

    It mentions some things that ODBC (as well as ODBC/ADO) does not support.

    Best of luck.

    JoeB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2
    Great. Thanks, Joe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •