Red face Unanswered: JDBC + Informix and MySQL

Hi there,

I have two machines. One has MySQL database and the other has Informix database.

I am trying to write a java program to selected rows from Informix database tables and insert them into corresponding or equavalent MySQL database tables.

The java program could run on either MySQL machine or Informix machine.

I guess I should have JDBC drivers for both MySQL and Informix on the machine where the java program will run. Then I need to open a connection through JDBC driver to Informix database (remotely if necessary), and do selections, and open a connection to MySQL through JDBC driver again and do insertions. Is this correct?

Could anyone be kind to provide me more information about how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: JDBC + Informix and MySQL

Originally posted by yzhou2001
    Hi there,

I have two machines. One has MySQL database and the other has Informix database.

I am trying to write a java program to selected rows from Informix database tables and insert them into corresponding or equavalent MySQL database tables.

The java program could run on either MySQL machine or Informix machine.

I guess I should have JDBC drivers for both MySQL and Informix on the machine where the java program will run. Then I need to open a connection through JDBC driver to Informix database (remotely if necessary), and do selections, and open a connection to MySQL through JDBC driver again and do insertions. Is this correct?

Could anyone be kind to provide me more information about how to do it?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there,

I can help you out for Informix

You can download latest JDBC driver from

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/tools/jdbc/

The JDBC Programmers manual is at
    http://publibfi.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/ct1utna.pdf

Regards,

Lloyd

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at those links and they are helpful. thanks again.