Unanswered: Sybase 11.9 to 12.5 :: How to get the Grant Permissions for different objects!!!

Hi,
    As part of the process of upgrading from Sybase 11.9.2.4 to 12.5, i am re-creating all text based objects after the sybase server has been upgraded... I mean to say i am re-creating all procs, triggers, views.

Basicaly i am first doing a "defncopy" of all the objects with a shell script & then reloading the objects with a perl script.

Since the defncopy doesn't show the grant permissions, i need to add seperate grant permissions while re-loading.

In the reloading script how can i know the GRANT PERMISSIONS for views.

For Procs, i am running the following query

select so.name, su.name from sysobjects so, sysusers su, sysprotects p where type = 'P' and so.id = p.id and p.uid = su.uid
    From this query i get the proc name & the user name & giving the execute permission to them.
    But if run the query for Views
    select so.name, su.name from sysobjects so, sysusers su, sysprotects p where type = 'V' and so.id = p.id and p.uid = su.uid
    It gives the same result...

BUT MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I KNOW WHETHER IT IS FOR "Select/Insert/Update/Delete"....

OR

HOW CAN I MODIFY THE QUERY TO GET MY REQUIRED RESULT FOR VIEWS AS WELL.

Any help wud be appriated.
    Thanks in advance

Deb

Re: Sybase 11.9 to 12.5 :: How to get the Grant Permissions for different objects!!!

Analyze the text of sp_helprotect

Re: Sybase 11.9 to 12.5 :: How to get the Grant Permissions for different objects!!!

Originally posted by fadace
    Analyze the text of sp_helprotect
    Alternatively,

U can query on sysprotects

--Pooja