Unanswered: join beetwen 2 different databases

I want to make a join beetwen two tables from two different databases and ai don't kwon how?
    Database in used is Stud, who contends studenti table and I want to join with table tip_student from Catalog database.
    I try to execute an statement like this:
    select studenti.nume, Catalog.tip_student.denumire from studenti inner join Catalog.Tip_student on studenti.tip_student=Catalog.Tip_student.cod where studenti.cnp=2790909011092;

Error that occurs is:
    Namespace "catalog" does not exist

How I can join this tables ???

Re: join beetwen 2 different databases

Originally posted by stuparu
    I want to make a join beetwen two tables from two different databases and ai don't kwon how?
    Database in used is Stud, who contends studenti table and I want to join with table tip_student from Catalog database.
    I try to execute an statement like this:
    select studenti.nume, Catalog.tip_student.denumire from studenti inner join Catalog.Tip_student on studenti.tip_student=Catalog.Tip_student.cod where studenti.cnp=2790909011092;

Error that occurs is:
    Namespace "catalog" does not exist

How I can join this tables ???
    Has a user Granted select for both tables?

hai,
    try the same in a different way. first select the columns from first database and second database by using alias name from each table and place the condition in the 'where'. you will get the desired result.
    bye...

you can't do queries between two databases without using dblink.

Make a view in Stud from the table in Catalog and then use the join with this view.