Thread: erwin with db2

Question Unanswered: erwin with db2

hi,
    anybody know how to reverse engineer schemas with erwin from db2?

the connection window says that there's no odbc driver installed on the machine after giving user and password to connect to the db..

Do i need to install odbc driver? or can i reverse engineer without odbc driver?

The environment is the following:
    I got an instance db2 udb 8.1 on my local machine windows 2000 and two db mounted on the instance.. when i select the source db to do reverse engineer with erwin the tool shows me in the db option list only one db .. and the other?

Can somebody help me?

Rosario

correction:

the problem is only how I have to make apppear my other db in the menu list of the erwin connection window..

Thanks again

rosario

Hi,

looks like either

- your database is not registered for odbc
    - or you didn't install the administration client on your box.

Did you check if the DB2 driver is available from the system settings in Windows where you do the ODBC configuring?

Johann

Originally posted by downtown
    correction:

the problem is only how I have to make apppear my other db in the menu list of the erwin connection window..

Thanks again

rosario

thanks Johan,
    but in my windows control panel there is not at all the ODBC icon to do settings... anyway, the point is that connecting with erwin to the dbs to make extractions .. one db does appear in the list the other one does not.. connecting to the first erwin doesn't require any source odbc..

rosario

note: the db appearing in the list is a default db created during db2 enterprise edition installation .. the other is one create by me using exaple script always from db2 udb ..

Originally posted by downtown
    thanks Johan,
    but in my windows control panel there is not at all the ODBC icon to do settings... anyway, the point is that connecting with erwin to the dbs to make extractions .. one db does appear in the list the other one does not.. connecting to the first erwin doesn't require any source odbc..

rosario

note: the db appearing in the list is a default db created during db2 enterprise edition installation .. the other is one create by me using exaple script always from db2 udb ..
    You can register it for ODBC from the command line with
    db2 catalog [user | system] odbc data source <dbname>

Kind regards, Gert

Smile

thanks a lot Gert it does work!