Question Unanswered: I need help - date input masks for sqlldr

Hi,

I'm attempting to load flat character files into an Oracle 9i system with sqlldr - I'm having trouble getting my date columns loaded.

The dates I'm trying to load all look like this: Jan 1 1993 12:00:00:000AM

The extra precision in the seconds is throwing me off - (this came from a sybase table)

Is there a character I can use in the input mask that will let sqlldr ignore a certain position?

I have tried using fractional seconds... Mon DD YYYY HH:MIS:FFFAM but it doesn't seem to recognize it as a date format.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks for your help!

Talking Figured it out

OK - so it turns out that Jan 1 1993 12:00:00:000AM is a TIMESTAMP datatype - rather than a DATE datatype. I changed the column type on the receiving table to TIMSTAMP and used the following input mask:
    <column name> timestamp "Mon DD YYYY HH:MIS:FF3AM"
    And my table loaded up no problem.

Originally posted by siderius
    Hi,

I'm attempting to load flat character files into an Oracle 9i system with sqlldr - I'm having trouble getting my date columns loaded.

The dates I'm trying to load all look like this: Jan 1 1993 12:00:00:000AM

The extra precision in the seconds is throwing me off - (this came from a sybase table)

Is there a character I can use in the input mask that will let sqlldr ignore a certain position?

I have tried using fractional seconds... Mon DD YYYY HH:MIS:FFFAM but it doesn't seem to recognize it as a date format.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks for your help!

yup.

in 9i, DATE stores to the second, TIMESTAMP stores to the billionth of a second. Since your precision goes past the second, then you have to use TIMESTAMP.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...