Unanswered: Problem of Script timed out

I have this Error:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
    Script timed out

/Client/file.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools

How can I solv it?????

Wink

The script is probably in an endless loop. An endless loop. An endless loop.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

What is that page doing ?

Same Problem

I have the same problem with one of my scripts.

In my application, I'm updating a series of database tables -- replacing the data from one database to another. Then, with one of the tables, I'm updating a field depending on some other data within that table.

When I run this script on my development system, there is no problem: The routine takes about 7 seconds in total. When I load the program onto my client's machines, it runs very slow and eventually times out as above.

I've broken the procedure down into smaller chunks which seems to solve the problem, but I'd really be interested in other possible solutions, including some way to remotely set the Server.ScriptTimeout (because I do not have access to the IIS Admin Tools for these applications).

Re: Problem of Script timed out

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by liorlank
    I have this Error:

I forgot to say that when I use this code on a .mdb DataBase file it's all work fine. The problem happan only on SQL server DataBase. I have no prblem in my code.

How can i fix it?

hehe, yea, we all write error free code

but as long as you don't give us at least some hints what your script is doing there's no way of telling how to resolve the problem. You can try increasing the script timeout like the message already sais if your script just takes longer to execute...

A Fix but not the Solution

Found a reference that suggests that you may set the ScriptTimeout for the server from a template:

Server.ScriptTimeout = ____ (some number of seconds).

If this time is less than the server's default, the routine will continue to run until reaching the server's setting.

I got around the problem by breaking the routine down into small chunks. Some operations still took considerable time but they finished. It also seems that the routine gets slower each time it is run -- suggesting that some resources are being consumed and not released.

For reasons I don't want to go into, I'm running a PWS on a Windows 98 machine and the database is Access 97. Routine works well on this machine.

The Client is running NT Workstation. We're using the IIS webserver on this installation. Machines are networked, but this application is local (desktop). Other .asp code seems to work fine with no problems -- it is just when updating one database with data from another that we have problems.