UNIDATA ODBC Connection. Please Help!

Come on guys help me out!!

Trying to use VSG to establish ODBC connection to a UNIDATA dbase

Error as follows:

Died in UCI:QLConnect{}withSQLSTATE 08001 Native error:0{IBM}{SQL Client}{UNIDATA} Login Failed

I have checked that the Config File is properly set, entry in ud_database is ok. Nasty IBM documentation does not provide any assistance.

Go on. Be a good samaritan!

Heh guy's. Thanks for nothing. Complete lack of help/reponse was awesome!

I got so fed up waiting for you that I managed to work out how to connect via the VSG.

This little problem not taxing enough for you boffins??

I'd have more respect for you if you'd told me to "RTFM, THICKO!", rather than just ignore me.

If you want to restore my faith in this forum, perhaps you could help with my previous problem ( which you also totally ignored ).

Establishing connection using Visual Basic.NET. Error as follows:
    Error Reading The DataBase. The 'informix.UniOLEDB' provider is not registered on the local machine.System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154). Similar error with ODBC provider. What gets registered where!!

Can't believe there's no one with knowledge/experience of this.

From the error message it look like that it is not accepting the username and password you are entering.

Error is coming from UNIDATA and it returning a "Login Failed" Error. From my experience it is because a wrong username and password.

Mproko.

Thanks for your help. Have now managed to establish connection via ODBC and have progressed past this error to another when connecting via OLEDB.

Perhaps you recognise this one?

Error Reading The DataBase. Died in UCI:QLConnect() with SQLSTATE IM976, Native error:0 [IBM][SQL Client]UCI connections to non UniVerse databases is not allowed.System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Died in UCI:QLConnect() with SQLSTATE IM976, Native error:0 [IBM][SQL Client]

Thanks again.

Alex

Can you send the error message returned when you try to connect from VSG?

I need an error message returned from UNIDATA database.

The part "UCI connections to non UniVerse databases is not allowed" is a little confusing. I'm using a UCI connection to UniData database.

I need to check, if you need to create a views or environment for OLEDB access. UNIDATA is not normalized database while ODBC is expecting a normalized database.