Thread: Asp

Unanswered: Asp

hai friend,
    i am facing a problem in ASP3.0. i want to increase the row of the table dynamically. for that i desugned a table with 2 rows. i placed a button beside it and i want to inrease the row of the table by clicking the button. please anybody help me urgently.
    bye....

Can you be more specific ? When clicking on the button are you posting back to the same page ?

When you click on the "Add new row" button the response will be sent back to the page. At this point you'll know that a request to add a new row was received, and you can generate the input fields. On the input HTML-form, another button (say "Add it now!") will be presented. Your ASP page must handle both of these types of requests.

Very important: you're covering a lot of very familiar ground here, and you can be very certain that suitable ASP-code already exists out there on any number of related websites and forums.

Actum Ne Agas: Do Not Do A Thing Already Done.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

You can response.write your rows using <tr> and <td> - where appropriate. Where is the data originating from that you need to population (a database ?) ?

Just another thought....

ASP is ok for this, i guess... but it requires the page to be reloaded.

JavaScript is what you want if you need to do this "dynamically" on a single page load.

Check out www.javascriptsource.com for TONS of good javascripts that do this particular thing and a whole lot more. I know for certain that scripts for adding table rows and columns are already posted there.

Tim
    Tim

Yeah, but javascript is only useful when you already have the information you need - unless you use remote scripting. It just depends on what this page is supposed to do ...

Originally posted by rnealejr
    Yeah, but javascript is only useful when you already have the information you need - unless you use remote scripting. It just depends on what this page is supposed to do ...
    Details, details....
    Tim

I know - but most asp applications the way this one is described is involved in some database interaction. And yes, we do need more details, details ... describing this application.

And www.asp101.com has some good database examples in the site's Samples section.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Are you going to do this?

Are you going to do the thing like the page at
    http://www.careerengine.com/tellAfriend/tellfriend.asp? When you click Add More button with the number you select, the number of the text field will be increased. If yes, I can post some code here.
    Last edited by gyuan; 12-24-03 at 14:33.