Unanswered: Oracle Ultra Search

I want to use oracle ultrasearch and IIS. I have a website hosted on IIS, at the moment the search function of this sIte uses Microsoft Index server. Instead of Microsoft Index Server I want to use oracle Ultrasearch. I need to access ultra searche through IIS. What options do i have? I am using Oracle9i R2

One option would be to create an interface on IIS that sends the request to UltraSearch. UltraSearch has it's own web interface and for us, it was easier to simply provide input to it's search page and leave the jsp pages as designed. The JSP pages are easy enough to modify the presentation...

If you are ambitious, there is a good deal of documentation about the API's available to you through Java, however, using IIS, this might be the "difficult" way.

JoeB

There is something called ISAPI. It can be used in iis. You load a dll in to the iis and it acts as a redirector. This can be used to access jsp and servlet based apps throught iis. There is an isapi dll avalible for tomcat. is it possible to deploy ultrasearch on tomcat? or apache? and is there anyone who has done this sort of thing?
    Last edited by thewebspider; 12-17-03 at 11:11.