Unanswered: Java UDF classpath problem

Hi,

I'm using DB2 version 8.1 on AIX server.
    I'm trying to access JMS classes in my Java UDF. Its saying 'Class not Found'. I tried sqlj.install_jar('<jms.jar path>','JMS'). Similarly I installed other jars like fscontext.jar and providerutil.jar. But the UDF is not able to locate the classes.
    I tried to print the java classpath in the UDF. It prints only <jdk-path>(given as a dbm cfg parameter) classes like tools.jar,rt.jar and 3 extra jars(related to JDBC). I found that these 3 jars are specified in 'db2profile' file in 'sqllib' directory. So i tried to change this file and execute it. But without any effect.

Can anyone give tips on what could be the solution to this classpath problem?

Thanx
    Anuj.

Re: Java UDF classpath problem

Hi,

I would expect the changes to db2profile to come into effect if you restart the instance.

Johann

Originally posted by SShetty
    Hi,

I'm using DB2 version 8.1 on AIX server.
    I'm trying to access JMS classes in my Java UDF. Its saying 'Class not Found'. I tried sqlj.install_jar('<jms.jar path>','JMS'). Similarly I installed other jars like fscontext.jar and providerutil.jar. But the UDF is not able to locate the classes.
    I tried to print the java classpath in the UDF. It prints only <jdk-path>(given as a dbm cfg parameter) classes like tools.jar,rt.jar and 3 extra jars(related to JDBC). I found that these 3 jars are specified in 'db2profile' file in 'sqllib' directory. So i tried to change this file and execute it. But without any effect.

Can anyone give tips on what could be the solution to this classpath problem?

Thanx
    Anuj.

I tried that also, but to no effect.
    any other solutions?

Hi,

so what about changing the dbm config?

Johann

Originally posted by SShetty
    I tried that also, but to no effect.
    any other solutions?