Unanswered: FINDING RECORDS in Another File

In FILE-A I have 2 fields and a button.
    Ideally, when I click the button, I'd like for it to look in a FILE-B for every record that matches the same as fields 1 & 2, and then spit it out in a report in FILE-A.

How can I accomplish this and what scripts do I need to make? I'm new to scripting so I might need some help with that too... Any ideas?\

Thanks so much!

Re: FINDING RECORDS in Another File

This can be done.
    Basicly what you create a script in File-B that runs the type of search you want and trigger it via a button from File-A (run sub-script [external]). You can then dislay the results in a portal in File-A. The sample I've attached will provide you some of these concepts.

Originally posted by quilmrt
    Ideally, when I click the button, I'd like for it to look in a FILE-B for every record that matches the same as fields 1 & 2, and then spit it out in a report in FILE-A.

How can I accomplish this and what scripts do I need to make? I'm new to scripting so I might need some help with that too... Any ideas?\

Thanks so much!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions

can anyone help me in getting the "Fmpjdbc12.jar" file. I am desperately looking for that.
    Please some one help me out in this regard.
    Reply me back to pbharath_iitm@yahoo.co.in

Thanks,
    Bharath

Originally posted by quilmrt

Thanks so much!

The file is located in the FileMaker Developer progam under "FileMaker Inc/external filemaker api's/filemaker jdbc driver"

Originally posted by bharath28
    can anyone help me in getting the "Fmpjdbc12.jar" file. I am desperately looking for that.
    Please some one help me out in this regard.
    Reply me back to pbharath_iitm@yahoo.co.in

Thanks,
    Bharath
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions