Question Unanswered: Changing SQL Database Collation

Hello All,
    I have a SQL Server database and the collation is set to "SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AI" and I need to change this to the SQL Server default. How do I change this?
    Thanks

You will have to alter the database and the table/columns. Refer to the following article:

link

Talking Thanks for the Article

This is great! Thank you very much, appreciate the help.

Question Checking which collation

Again, thanks for the help, I just have one more question.......
    I have been playing around with the ALTER TABLE command in the article and I can change the collation to any collation name - The other databases have a blank collation, since they were created using "Server Default" I assume. I am unable to change the collation to "Server Default", and I am not sure what my server default is. I looked through SQL Server settings, but maybe I am missing something. Can I be directed to how I can determine what the collation name is for the server default? Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks

Right-click on your instance in enterprise manager and click properties. Under the general tab you will see the server collation.

Lightbulb Collation Name Blank

Thanks...I checked this and the collation is blank. What does this mean?

Re: Collation Name Blank

Originally posted by m3122
    Thanks...I checked this and the collation is blank. What does this mean?
    In Query Analyser select the database node, right click and select Script to new window for CREATE. This should generate the full SQL create script for the database including it's specific collation.

If you have data in the database that needs recollating you have to remove all indexes, statistics and constraints that reference the collatable fields, ALTER the individual tables, ALTER the database and reapply all the removed entities. I put a two-stage script that will do this about a month ago.

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...hlight=hanafih

Thanks for the reply. This worked fine. Thanks again.