Question Unanswered: Remote Procedure Call failed

We get the above error when we try to download the site for offline use. We are using the application 'Webcopier' for this purpose. During the download process if there is a problem on a certain page due to bad url or a code problem, the VM consumption of DLLHOST process starts increasing. It reaches to a level of about 1.8 GB before killing the process and restarting it.

The above error is thrown on the browser page, if the site is accessed during this period and if the User has unchecked 'Show me friendly HTTP message' box in the IE.

Our server is WIN2K, with a shared database on SQL 2000. CPU 2.4, 1 GB RAM and 2 * 40 GB HDD

Just that I get the things clear. You are using 'Webcopier' on your server and DLLHOST leaks memory on the server machine when ASP throws an error? Are you using any custom ActiveX server components? What are you using to access the data on your SQL-Server? The error message is typical for leaking ActiveX components.

Dear Apel,

Thanks for your reply.

I think some clarifications are needed. We are using the application 'Webcopier' on our desktops to hit the server and download the whole site.

NO, no active x components are being used. We are using 2 external components, ASP Upload and ASP Email. Yes, the increase of the memory size and throwing of the erros on the browser are at the same time.

Hope this is sufficient information. Do let me know if any other details are required.