Unanswered: Cascading Combos Again

I know there is plenty of info out of there on how to do cascading combos, but im still sruggling! (Not just laziness), ive downloded sample databases but i guess i wont understand one until i have one working within my database.

I need one that allows a product to be selected based upon the selection of a supplier. The combo is needed on frmMainForm.

I have a table tbl uppliers with the Supplier ID and Name
    I then have a table tbl Product with the Product ID and Product Name against the Supplier ID

Is this the correct structure? Will a cascading combo work from this structure?

Ive attached it, if anyone can help it would be great!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Cascading Combos Again

Originally posted by Jeff_Ford
    I know there is plenty of info out of there on how to do cascading combos, but im still sruggling! (Not just laziness), ive downloded sample databases but i guess i wont understand one until i have one working within my database.

I need one that allows a product to be selected based upon the selection of a supplier. The combo is needed on frmMainForm.

I have a table tbl uppliers with the Supplier ID and Name
    I then have a table tbl Product with the Product ID and Product Name against the Supplier ID

Is this the correct structure? Will a cascading combo work from this structure?

Ive attached it, if anyone can help it would be great!

Attached you will find a solution.
    I made a new form (frmCascadingCombos) on which I put 2 combos.
    The first shows the supplier-info and the second shows product-info of the supplier which is selected in the first combo.

How did I do this?

First combo:
    Put it on the form and set tblSuppiers as rowsource.
    Make sure the column which stores the supplierID is used as bound column.

Second combo:
    Put it on the form and set tblProducts as rowsource.
    In the properties-window of the second combo you modify the rowsource --> a querybuilder will appear.
    Select all the fields you want displayed in the combo.
    Also select the field SupplierID and in the criteria-box you write '= cmbSupplier.Value'.
    cmbSupplier.value will represent the value of the bound column of cmbSupplier (which in this case is the supplierID)

On the event-tab of cmbSupplier, create a after-update-event.
    This event will requery cmbProduct every time you select an other supplier.

Hope this will do.
    If not --> let us know.
    Attached Files Attached Files