Unanswered: Music Chart Database

Okay I'm a newbie to database stuff but I guess I have to figure it out one day but I have NO idea where to begin. K well basically I have a website that has a chart ranking for a certain type of music, what I wanted to know is what would be the best way to have the songs or ranks as variables so if I needed to I could change say the rank 1 to a new song or the song to a new rank and have it display on the webpage in right order with the right links?

Thumbs up might be this can help you

usually when u have a database it never mantion about the position of the song like u will have a table " ranking "
    with these kind of fields

id must be primary key
    title title of the song
    singer .....
    company .....
    order what is the ranking of the song is

and when you create a script to change the ranking of the songs which modify the order field of the song , ( but you can end up with the two ranks with the same song) so better change all of them at the same time like 1 to 10 ro 20 in one form ......

i am not sure how to explain it ( if i undertsand your question right ), but if you can elaborate what you want to do want might be i can explain you

enjoyyyy
    Manish Khanna
    manish@i4u.com.au

Okay I'll elaborate. I have a music chart of certain songs. I want to a have a page where each song is available and when a person votes for the song the song points or whatever I want to call them would go up by one. Then somehow this script would be attached to the chart page where the songs would be ranked in order of highest to lowest points. So I just want to have to add the song into the database, have the songs in alphabetical order on the voting page. Also I want to be able to add in a link with the song so that each song has its link on both the chart page and the vote page.