Unanswered: Sybase Future..And Average Salary Package for DBA in US or in Europe

Hi freinds
    Greetings..

As a Sybase DBA and developer i just want to listen to the views of other experts and DB users, what they think of Sybase future will be and the chances of placements in developed countries like US or Europe , Average Salary perks and other placement difficulties etc..

I would appreciate for your valued comments and views which can help us the people who are in sybase or others who wanna make a carrer change..

Thanks & Regards
    Is

Re: Sybase Future..And Average Salary Package for DBA in US or in Europe

Sybase is a ever demanding DB. As a Telecom DBA, this is twice faster than oracle. No complication like Oracle.

Be cheer to use SYBASE.

K H Saravanakumar

Originally posted by it_user0
    Hi freinds
    Greetings..

As a Sybase DBA and developer i just want to listen to the views of other experts and DB users, what they think of Sybase future will be and the chances of placements in developed countries like US or Europe , Average Salary perks and other placement difficulties etc..

I would appreciate for your valued comments and views which can help us the people who are in sybase or others who wanna make a carrer change..

Thanks & Regards
    Is

Re: Sybase Future..And Average Salary Package for DBA in US or in Europe

Hi

I am also novice to Sybase and also doubtful about Sybase future
    I would request all seniors of this forum to post the answer of this quest

thx
    perl

Exclamation

Remember that Sybase is very much the core of "MS SQL Server." So systems like Sybase are very common.

Also remember that, having established one database, it's extremely rare for a company to switch. They have a business to run, after all, not a database.

Your skills, and therefore your salary, depends on what you can show you can do for a company, not a database... I think it also has something to do with loyalty, or maybe just your proven willingness to dive in, get a job done, and stick with it to the end even when it's the most miserable p.o.s. situation imaginable. If you can do that for Sybase then everyone knows that you can do it for Oracle or anything else with just a little ramp-up time. "Skills can be taught."
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Hi sundialsvcs

Thx for replying. Whatever u have written is perfectly ok but what we wanted to know is how long Sybase expertise will have good market in terms of Job perspective ? Will sybase have maket over next 10 years ?

thx again

Originally posted by perl
    Hi sundialsvcs

Thx for replying. Whatever u have written is perfectly ok but what we wanted to know is how long Sybase expertise will have good market in terms of Job perspective ? Will sybase have maket over next 10 years ?

thx again
    Nobody can answer for the next 10 years, neither about Sybase, nor about teh others !

I can only say you that Sybase is continousely developping his product. ASE will become a "nervous system" coupled with a expert system. It's not an obsolete technology (http://www.sys-con.com/linux/readers...te.cfm?BType=2).

And don't forget : the main rule of all the RDBMS are the same. Learn one, then switch easier to the other... and to learn, ASE is on of the best

Sybase and SAP have recently signed a partnership and SAP will be shipping the next generation of SMB with Sybase ASE.

Gatner estimated the SMB(Small Medium Business) market to grow 27% in the next 2-3 years.

Another fastest growing market is the Un-wired enterprise. Sybase has strong partnership here with Intel and currently has 73% market share in Mobile and Embedded database.

Sybase on UX SO

Must telecomunications companies devolop their Data base using sybase. An example of that is Lucent (Navis Radius) other pre-paid platforms use that.

Many systems are with UX SO ans DB sybase. For those system where the time respond is critical Sybase is a very good option.

Best Regards,
    Henry

As Willy said,

Sybase is definitely a leader in mobile database market and is positioned very well with their latest "Unwired Enterprise" strategy.

Sybase has been seeing profits for the last 20 quarters and has been performing exceptionally well in Asia Pacific too. Sybase leads the China database market and is very prominent in Korea.

Sybase IQ is also shaping up really well. It topped the last TPC ratings. see www.tpc.org The worlds largest data warehouse is in IQ. The latest IQ versions have included tremendous new features.