Unanswered: HELP! linking dynamic fields in dreamweaver

im making an ASP order form using dreamweaver but have a problem. i have a dynamic menu/list field which allows users to select a product form my DB. when a product is selected from the popup list i want another text field (called Location which is another field in my DB Table)to display the location of the producted selected. im new to this but was wondering if there was some kind of statement i could inclued in the recordset query...

please help this is recking my head.

cheers lee

Re: HELP! linking dynamic fields in dreamweaver

This information would most likely have to be post back to the same page. You may want to use the method of GET for posting so you can use querystrings. And within your ASP and HTML code you would have an if condition around that code that would want to dynamically populate and then the if condition would check for the querystring after postback. If the variable in the querystring does exist then, this if condition around the code would be true and the query to the database would occurr, thus populating the listbox. There is alot more to this but I want to point you in the right direction.

Originally posted by djrobo
    im making an ASP order form using dreamweaver but have a problem. i have a dynamic menu/list field which allows users to select a product form my DB. when a product is selected from the popup list i want another text field (called Location which is another field in my DB Table)to display the location of the producted selected. im new to this but was wondering if there was some kind of statement i could inclued in the recordset query...

please help this is recking my head.

cheers lee