Unanswered: Cascading Combos

I have attempted to create a cascading combo on my frmMainForm, the first combo selects the supplier and the second should show products from that supplier only, this is my first attempt at a cascading combo and somthing just seems to be missing!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Cascading Combos

Originally posted by Jeff_Ford
    I have attempted to create a cascading combo on my frmMainForm, the first combo selects the supplier and the second should show products from that supplier only, this is my first attempt at a cascading combo and somthing just seems to be missing!!
    1. Recordsource for the Supplier combo (Combo16) should be modified. SupplierID must be the first (bound) column and Supplier Name the second. It is not mandatory, you can make the second column bound, but it's the common way of doing this. In your db the supplier combo contains the name, and you're comparing it with ID in the query of the second combo.

2. Why do you need a join in the query for the second combo? You already have SupplierID in the products table.

3. Since combo is unbound, you should refer to it as Forms!frmName.Combo16 and not Forms!frmName!Combo16.

Well, see the attachment, works now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Replies based on my configuration: Windows XP / Microsoft Office Access 2003 unless specified otherwise.

Thanks

Originally posted by Jeff_Ford
    Thanks
    You're welcome...
    Replies based on my configuration: Windows XP / Microsoft Office Access 2003 unless specified otherwise.