- .net framework 1.1 sdk installed
- Microsoft MDAC 2.7 installed
- Microsoft odbc.net provider installed
- Mysql Servers and Clients install (this is the acctual server) installed
- MySQL Connector/ODBC driver installed
- setup odbc DSN for my database called "mysql_praxis"
- MyOLEDB provider (myoledb3.exe) installed
ok, i have been able to successfully connect to the database using ODBC by copying the ODBC.NET dll into the bin directory and using the microsoft.data.odbc namespace. What i cannot do is connec to the database using OLEDB. I installed the OLEDB provider and copied the Myprov.dll into the bin directory of my application. My code looks as follows: