Unanswered: Problem with Printing Specific Records

Hi,

I have set up a DB for a car hire company and I have now completed it. I have made a report called, 'Invoice' and when the user is on a form called 'Rents', I want the Invoice report to be printed with the specific records on the screen. However, I don't want a print button - I want the specific record to be printed when the user saves the record - i.e. the invoice is printed automatically.

I therefore entered this code into the OnClick event of the Save Record button…

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal

The problem is it prints out every single record in the Rents form, rather than just the one currently displayed on the screen.

Is there a way to pass a TransactionID into the report, so that it only prints off that specific set of records?

Provided Answers: 1
    There are a few ways to do this. One of the ways I like to do this is to set the recordsource programmatically in the OnOpen event of the report. The OnOpen event triggers before the report is printed, so you can set any params you would like there. Essentially you would have something like:

Me.Recordsource = "SELECT TransactionID, somefield, someotherfield FROM YourTable WHERE TransactionID = " & forms!yourform!transactionID.Value

that's a fairly simple way of doing it. There are other methods, but that should hold you over.