Red face Unanswered: Basic Question - Standalone Access DB

Sorry if this is a too basic a question / topic for the forum but i've got to start somewhere & may as well get your expert guidance !

In the past i have played around withg access but never anything too serious. I am now in a position where i would like to learn a lot more.

I would like to know if it is possible to build an access database which can be run without the need for the full access package to use it (does that make sense ?). I'm sure i've seen these standalone databses in the past !

If so can you point me in the right direction for reading material etc.

Again sorry if my query is confusing or basic.

Bartimus

Re: Basic Question - Standalone Access DB

Originally posted by Bartimus
    Sorry if this is a too basic a question / topic for the forum but i've got to start somewhere & may as well get your expert guidance !

In the past i have played around withg access but never anything too serious. I am now in a position where i would like to learn a lot more.

I would like to know if it is possible to build an access database which can be run without the need for the full access package to use it (does that make sense ?). I'm sure i've seen these standalone databses in the past !

If so can you point me in the right direction for reading material etc.

Again sorry if my query is confusing or basic.

Bartimus
    Don't worry about it... That's what the forums for for... Questions!

You'd need to use Access Runtime... Search the net for "Access Runtime" applications and/or check this link below for more indepth information...
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...plications.asp

HTH