Unanswered: Problems with Websphere 5.0 - DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource

Hi there,

I hav some problems running a websphere on a win2000 server without any db2 client or database on this machine and a db2 on another server.

I try to use the DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource withint the db2java.zip package for this db2. When I configured the jndi datasource and I tried the connection, I got an error message "unsatisfied link error can not find db2jdbc.dll". It seems that the driver is trying to use the APP driver instead of the NET driver I want to use. How do I have to configure this? Or do I have to install a db2 client on my server (this sounds not like a good solution).

Thanks for your help!

Bye,
    Andi

Re: Problems with Websphere 5.0 - DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem...does anyone knows about the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Gauz

Unhappy

I think I have found the answer under

http://publib7b.boulder.ibm.com/wasi...at_minreq.html

DB2 JDBC Provider -- Deprecated
    ----------------------------------------
    This JDBC provider is the same as the DB2 Legacy CLI-based Type 2 JDBC Driver. This JDBC driver is deprecated. Use the DB2 Legacy CLI-based Type 2 JDBC Driver instead of this one.

DB2 JDBC Provider supports one phase data source:

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource

Requires JDBC driver files: db2java.zip (Note: If you run SQLJ in DB2 Version 8, db2jcc.jar is also required.)

Requires properties:

databaseName The name of the database from which the data source obtains connections. Example: Sample