Thread: Security Issue

Question Unanswered: Security Issue

I have just used the security wizard to create users and groups and when it finished, it created the secured.mdw and the appropriate database [with a backup]

When I attempt to open the "secured" .mdb .. I get the following:

You do not have the necessary permissions to use the xxxxx.mdb object.... etc etc..

I am the only user, admin, and owner!!!

Help! any thoughts as to how to open???

Thumbs down

I don't recommend that you use "secured" Access databases. They are, first of all, not particularly secure at all, and second, they are plagued with operational problems.

The "security" of an MDB file can be snapped off in a matter of seconds using tools readily available on the Internet. Don't bother. An illusion of security is probably worst of all.

JM2CW.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

I appreciate the information. That is good to know. I know in this case, the database is used internally and some security is better than none.. I need to get it working...

Does anyone know what I will need to do???

Thanks

If you are concerned over security, why don't you try using password as in like login and logout..In that way not only would you have security but also ensures you to allow only registered members to have access and etc..This is just a suggestion that crossed my mind..I wonder if it is going to be of any help..I hope it does give you some ideas on how to keep your system secured..
    --faiz--

Re: Security Issue

Originally posted by databasemon
    I have just used the security wizard to create users and groups and when it finished, it created the secured.mdw and the appropriate database [with a backup]

When I attempt to open the "secured" .mdb .. I get the following:

You do not have the necessary permissions to use the xxxxx.mdb object.... etc etc..

I am the only user, admin, and owner!!!

Help! any thoughts as to how to open???
    First open your access program, don't open any file, go to tools - security - workgroup administrator.
    click join button and select your mdw file.
    after you join the workgroup open your mdb file then input your user name and password
    hendra gunadi