Unanswered: Comparing all data in two tables

Hello, I have a table in my db that holds flight schedule information. Every so often new schedules are produced and existing ones are changed. Rather than act on the main table I thought it would be a good idea to put the existing data in a temp table; tblTemp1. And then I could put the new/updated data in; tblTemp2 then compare tblTemp2 to tblTemp1....
    Logic:
    If the data is already in tbltemp1 then
    Its a change
    If its not in tblTemp1. its an addition or an error

Now how the **** am I going to achieve this? Bearing in mind the changes could be very small i.e. leaves 1min later.

Any help much appreciated
    the light is on, someone is home, but they dont know they are. HELLO!

My question is this: How are you going to act upon the determination of a record (it's changed, it's new, it's an error)? What then? Update the schedule table? Why not just do that in the schedule table?

Originally posted by M Owen
    My question is this: How are you going to act upon the determination of a record (it's changed, it's new, it's an error)? What then? Update the schedule table? Why not just do that in the schedule table?
    Sorry such a long time to reply. If its changed then update the info, if its new add it to the db if it an error trap it. The reason i want to do this is; when the schedule data is added to the db it is given a unique id and the booking information is dependent on that id. If I simply add all new or changed data the unique id will change.
    Last edited by dapman2002; 12-20-03 at 20:02.

Can anyone help with this pleeeeeease. I notice i have had lots of views but only one reply! Am i doing something wrong??
    Last edited by dapman2002; 12-20-03 at 20:10.