Lightbulb Unanswered: Can I access Session state variables in web.config appSettings?

Hello,

I downloaded an application from ezReserve.com, and they supply a method of automatically logging in the user. To do this, within the appSettings section of the web.config file you must enter:

<add key="ezAuthentication" value="AutoSignIn;username;password" />

Now, I would love to use this feature for my application, but I can't figure out if its possible to access Session state variables within the web.config file. I need to replace "username" and "password" based on the user that is currently logged into my application.

User name is accessed through User.Identity.Name;
    The password is stored in a session variable, Session["Password"];

Is this possible? Thanks.

Re: Can I access Session state variables in web.config appSettings?

Wrong forum buddy. Try the ASP.NET or .NET forums on this website

Originally posted by GimpBoy
    Hello,

I downloaded an application from ezReserve.com, and they supply a method of automatically logging in the user. To do this, within the appSettings section of the web.config file you must enter:

<add key="ezAuthentication" value="AutoSignIn;username;password" />

Now, I would love to use this feature for my application, but I can't figure out if its possible to access Session state variables within the web.config file. I need to replace "username" and "password" based on the user that is currently logged into my application.

User name is accessed through User.Identity.Name;
    The password is stored in a session variable, Session["Password"];

Is this possible? Thanks.