Unanswered: SQL cursors pb with Sybase 11.5.1/ Centura

platform :

software developped in Centura 2000 (CTD 2000)
    database Sybase 11.5.1

I encountered problem with SELECT xxx IN ( SELECT **) request in my code. it generates SQL error telling me i'm not allowed to perform this operation when cursor is closed.

the software is multi base ( works with ORACLE, SQL server, Sybase, SQLBase ) and never encountered problem of cursors with this kind of SQL requests before.

does IN (SELECT xx) request need several cursor open ?
    then i'm in kind of trouble since it doesn't really fit with Centura dev tools. Or maybe this problem is specific to Sybase 11.5.1 ?

If i must rewrite all Select in select request .. well it's quite ok but for the SELECT NOT IN (SELECT) it would be more a pain ..

especially since i may not be able to use EXISTS / NOT EXISTS since it'll more likely create the same cursors problems..

are there Sybase equivalent to ORACLE's " MINUS " function ?

Check the parameter of your conection.
    Are you connecting using ODBC ? In this case, try to switch Cursor-mode with direct-mode

I'm using a native dll of Centura ,

i've tried to connect through ODBC but it doesn't work better.

it seems to be a Centura specific pb, since doing such request on SQL client SQL anywhere works fine, but with SQLTalk (Centura own SQL Client) it doesn't work.

i've been trying tons of parameters combinations in the SQL.ini of SQLTalk but same pb everytime.

Like always Centura (Gupta now) have very low online help for anything else than their latest version

i'll try again though ODBC.

thks for the answer