Unanswered: Content bases searching in MySQL

Hi all,

I am new to MySQL database (though i am comfortable with Oracle), so please help me out.

1. My requirement is that i have some XML data which i want to store in the database. Should this be stored in the longblob or longtext data type? OR is there any other way out to store and retrieve this? Can someone share their experiences and possibly with sample code?

2. I have large content data which i would like to store in the database. Should this be stored in the longtext data type? I also require to perform content based searching on this data. I am not aware if this is possible and if yes what is the way to do it? Just to give an idea we can do content based searching in Oracle by creating context indexes and then use the CONTAINS clause in the where clause! How to achieve this in MySQL?

Regards
    Harry

Re: Content bases searching in MySQL

Originally posted by harry_barry19
    Hi all,

I am new to MySQL database (though i am comfortable with Oracle), so please help me out.

1. My requirement is that i have some XML data which i want to store in the database. Should this be stored in the longblob or longtext data type? OR is there any other way out to store and retrieve this? Can someone share their experiences and possibly with sample code?

2. I have large content data which i would like to store in the database. Should this be stored in the longtext data type? I also require to perform content based searching on this data. I am not aware if this is possible and if yes what is the way to do it? Just to give an idea we can do content based searching in Oracle by creating context indexes and then use the CONTAINS clause in the where clause! How to achieve this in MySQL?

Regards
    Harry
    Hello,

1. use the longtext (you can use LIKE ins select)

2. check documentation at http://www.mysql.com and search FULTEXT SEARCH (something like Intermedia in Oracle)