Unanswered: Mystery Text Box

I had a text box on a report with the control source set to a combo box on my main form. I decided to go in a different direction with the report data and no longer needed this text box.

I decided to delete this text box and replace it with an unbound text box that has an IIF statement for a control source.

Now, when I run the report it keeps prompting me for a value for the deleted text box. The report runs fine, but it keeps asking for a value for that text box that does not exist anymore.

Anyone know what the %$#@ might be going on here?

Re: Mystery Text Box

Originally posted by jastek
    I had a text box on a report with the control source set to a combo box on my main form. I decided to go in a different direction with the report data and no longer needed this text box.

I decided to delete this text box and replace it with an unbound text box that has an IIF statement for a control source.

Now, when I run the report it keeps prompting me for a value for the deleted text box. The report runs fine, but it keeps asking for a value for that text box that does not exist anymore.

Anyone know what the %$#@ might be going on here?

Did you check the report design, make sure the textbox is not there in the report. Also checks the groups in the report.

Question

Yes. I checked everywhere on the report and in all groups. I also used the object drop down list in the upper left corner to see if the text box was listed and it was not.

It is probably still in your query that you are pulling from. Bring up the query that you use to populate your report, and see if it is still there.

I checked the query and the code behind the report. There is no reference to the field.

I have worked around the problem by creating a new report and did a copy/paste of all the fields. The report works now, however, I am still curious as to what happened.

Shit happened.
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

First of all, how incredibly rude to post a response like that.

_____

Jastek,

I am glad that you solved your problem even if we couldn't figure out the cause of the original problem.

If you still care about what happened, *how* did access ask you for a value? Providing an error message? Looking for an input?
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

When I ran the report I got the "Enter Parameter" pop up window. The parameter it was looking for was the value of the deleted text box, which calculated a column sum.

Before the text box was deleted, the report did not give me the "Enter Parameter" pop up window.

Only after I deleted the text box did it , start with the "Enter Parameter" pop up window.
    Last edited by jastek; 12-18-03 at 14:28.

Unless something else on the report was depending on that textbox, it appears to be a standard corruption issue. Because you were able to copy all the controls to a new report and have it work, I'm going with the latter.

Access sometimes 'forgets' stuff. I notice this most when I write an query, filter on some data, save the query, then re-run. It looks for Query1.Value where Value is whatever I filtered on.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.