Unanswered: Newbie Form/ Combobox Question

HI,

I am new to the MS Access World, so this question may seem somewhat Romper Room-ish.

I have a Form, a Table and a Query. The table has players, dates, and stats from my companies basketball team.

Currently, I use a very manual process. I have a table with the information. I use a query with "Between #start date# And #end date#", and then in Excel, I import that query.

I am truely interested in automating two parts of the process.
    I would like to be able to set a start date and an end date, using two comboboxes, so that I can run the query based on the info from the comboboxes.

Also, I was wondering if there was anyway, to generate an excel spreadsheet from Access?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks !!!

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Newbie Form/ Combobox Question

Originally posted by jones537
    HI,

I am new to the MS Access World, so this question may seem somewhat Romper Room-ish.

I have a Form, a Table and a Query. The table has players, dates, and stats from my companies basketball team.

Currently, I use a very manual process. I have a table with the information. I use a query with "Between #start date# And #end date#", and then in Excel, I import that query.

I would like to be able to set a start date and an end date, using two comboboxes, so that I can run the query based on the info from the comboboxes.

Also, I was wondering if there was anyway, to generate an excel spreadsheet from Access?

thanks !!!
    You could Export a Table or Query to Excel using:
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, TableName2Export , acFormatXLS, PathAndFileName2ReceiveYourExcelFile & ".xls"

Re: Newbie Form/ Combobox Question

Originally posted by jones537
    HI,

thanks !!!

Answer on first question

Make a form with two boxes. Name them startdate and the other enddate
    make a GO button to open a form to display your info
    Put in the criteria in your query
    between forms!name form!startdate and forms!name form!enddate
    Last edited by lodewijk; 12-17-03 at 11:30.