Unanswered: Combo box for reports

I currently have a report where a message box pops up and asks for the user's name in which they would like to print the report for. Everyone that has seen it says that it is okay, but that it would be better if they could just select the name of the user that they want to print the report for. Is there any way that will work as easily as the message box works, or do I have to create a form that loads the value to the query and then runs the report??
    Any help is appreciated.
    THANKS!

Provided Answers: 1
    You will have to create a form.

As Teddy says, It might be better to create a form with a combo box in it that updates the query that you are reporting on...

Well...I was hoping there was an easier way. There SHOULD be an easier way! I will just have to add another form.

THANKS for the confirmation!

Originally posted by AdrienneB
    Well...I was hoping there was an easier way. There SHOULD be an easier way! I will just have to add another form.

THANKS for the confirmation!
    Well, I'm just an amateur! when the big guns log on and see this post, they'll probably have quite a few tricks up their sleeve... That is, if you can wait for it!

It really depends on *how* you open the report.

If you open in from a UI interface, you can add the combo/list box there to handle the name. If the report is opened directly, the best (i think) you could hope for, is to get the username with an API call, unless people print off reports for other people -- and then it's just the user name (joh1adb)....I suppose you could have a look up table....

I have not seen the equivalent of a msgbox or inputbox that has a combo/list box.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.