Unhappy Unanswered: No mail of db2 admin server, db2as after migration to DB2 V8

Hi all,

I just upgrated DB2 V7 to DB2 V8 on AIX 5.1.3 box. However, after that db2 admin server, db2as didn't get mail. I checked directory, /var/spool/mail and didn't see any file for db2as.

I wondered if db2as was migrated successfully, so I recreated db2as & toolsdb, but the result was still the same.

It sounds a little of silly. Well, you know, normally, db2 admin server would always be noticed [You have new mail] when loging.

Can anybody figure it out ?

Thank you so much....

Sophie

Re: No mail of db2 admin server, db2as after migration to DB2 V8

Hi,

what kind of mail does db2as normally get in your environment? We go along pretty well without any mail to db2as.

Furthermore, dasusr1 is the default replacement for db2as in vs. 8, if you didn't know before, which I doubt :-)

Johann

Originally posted by Sophie Hsiao
    Hi all,

I just upgrated DB2 V7 to DB2 V8 on AIX 5.1.3 box. However, after that db2 admin server, db2as didn't get mail. I checked directory, /var/spool/mail and didn't see any file for db2as.

I wondered if db2as was migrated successfully, so I recreated db2as & toolsdb, but the result was still the same.

It sounds a little of silly. Well, you know, normally, db2 admin server would always be noticed [You have new mail] when loging.

Can anybody figure it out ?

Thank you so much....

Sophie

Smile Re: No mail of db2 admin server, db2as after migration to DB2 V8

Johann,

Thanks for your reply. I know it's minor thing.

Finally, I fixed this problem. The reason is that sendmail daemon didn't run at that time. After sendmail daemon started, it works.

there is an example of the content of mail between the two lines :
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >N 1 db2as Wed Dec 17 07:17 14/519 "From the fault monitor daemo"
    ? 1
    Message 1:
    From db2as Wed Dec 17 07:17:13 2003
    Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:17:12 -0500
    To: db2as@igets7.haw2.ibm.com
    Cc:
    Subject: From the fault monitor daemon

db2fmd
    The state of instance 'db2as' gcf module '/home/db2as/das/lib/libdb2dasgcf.a' is
    OPERABLE.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wonder on which circumstance or when the DB2 server will send the mail to DB2 admin server.

Besides, I migrated DB2V7 to V8, so I used db2as to be the name of DB2 admin server, different from dasusr1 of the whole new installation of DB2 V8.

Have a good day.

Sophie

Originally posted by jsander
    Hi,

what kind of mail does db2as normally get in your environment? We go along pretty well without any mail to db2as.

Furthermore, dasusr1 is the default replacement for db2as in vs. 8, if you didn't know before, which I doubt :-)

Johann

Health Center Alerts

Hi,

One Instance I can tell is if you have configured your email server for db2 to use then depending the type of notification you use and the level of alerts you set at the Health Center, db2 will use the email for notification purposes.

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned