Unanswered: DB2 Stored Procs

Hi ,
    I am using DB2 Stored procedures for 8.1. I am using sql programming language for the stored procedures. In Solaris 2.8, we are trying to get stored procs up and running. The problem i have is , we dont have cc compiler. So we have installed gcc compiler.

I tried setting db2_sqlroutine_command and path , but i got rc = -4400 or rc = -1092 for that.

Kindly help

thanks
    venkat

Re: DB2 Stored Procs

Is it the return code when setting the variables or when creating the procedure ?

Please provide SQLcode and sqlstate messages

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by venkat_dba
    Hi ,
    I am using DB2 Stored procedures for 8.1. I am using sql programming language for the stored procedures. In Solaris 2.8, we are trying to get stored procs up and running. The problem i have is , we dont have cc compiler. So we have installed gcc compiler.

I tried setting db2_sqlroutine_command and path , but i got rc = -4400 or rc = -1092 for that.

Kindly help

thanks
    venkat
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: DB2 Stored Procs

Hi sathyaram,
    Thanks for the reply. Its the return code from db2set command.

DB2Set processing complete, rc = -1092 , SQLCODE=0. THis is when i say db2set -g

rc = -4400 , SQLCODE = 0, when i say db2set

Is this some authorization related error.

When I do db2set -all after this , I dont see any of the variable set.

Thanks

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Is it the return code when setting the variables or when creating the procedure ?

Please provide SQLcode and sqlstate messages

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Hi Sathyaram,
    Whenever i do db2 -td@ -vf filename.db2 , it uses cc as the default compiler. But cc is not installed in my machine. I want to use gcc instead of cc. Thats where i end up in these problems.

Your help is highly appreciated.

thanks

Its working fine

Hi,
    I installed CC compiler on the solaris box and its working fine
    Originally posted by venkat_dba
    Hi Sathyaram,
    Whenever i do db2 -td@ -vf filename.db2 , it uses cc as the default compiler. But cc is not installed in my machine. I want to use gcc instead of cc. Thats where i end up in these problems.

Your help is highly appreciated.

thanks