Unanswered: Motorola ACC4000

The Motorola ACC4000 is a specific Unix machine used by cable tv providers, to deal with customer rights.
    This computer, as my research on the internet showed it, uses a Sybase Database, but i have no idea what version it is.
    My first aim is to connect to that machine and get a scheme of the actual database.

I still can't connect to it via telnet, but within days, i'll be able to reach it, so what would be the best plan to get what i need ?

1. How can i know which version of Sybase is running on the ACC4000 ?
    2. Where can i find adequat ODBC drivers ?
    3. Is Power designer a good idea for reverse engineering a Sybase db?
    4. What software could be used to make regular sql queries (as Toad for Oracle, for example) ?

thx in advance for your help

1) dataserver -v
    2) depending the ODBC driver you will use, you need the TCPIP of the Unix machine + the port nr used by the ASE. You can find it in the $SYBASE/interfaces file
    3) yes
    4) isql, SQLAdvantage, SQLJ or non-Sybase solution (e.g. DBArtisan (Embarcadero))

Re: Motorola ACC4000

I also am working on a Motorola ACC4000. I'd like to access its database and need some help. It has a network card in it, but it seems to be a proprietary card. According to all documents, trial and error, and contact with Motorola, it just isn't a standard ethernet card.

Did you ever get a connection to this device. If you did please let me know how you did it. I was considering adding another nic to the system and working it from that route. The problem is this is a live ACC4000 so I can't mess around with it too much. Any help and success info that you've had that you could share would be much appreciated. --Jeremy

Originally posted by VsMetal
    The Motorola ACC4000 is a specific Unix machine used by cable tv providers, to deal with customer rights.
    This computer, as my research on the internet showed it, uses a Sybase Database, but i have no idea what version it is.
    My first aim is to connect to that machine and get a scheme of the actual database.

I still can't connect to it via telnet, but within days, i'll be able to reach it, so what would be the best plan to get what i need ?

1. How can i know which version of Sybase is running on the ACC4000 ?
    2. Where can i find adequat ODBC drivers ?
    3. Is Power designer a good idea for reverse engineering a Sybase db?
    4. What software could be used to make regular sql queries (as Toad for Oracle, for example) ?

thx in advance for your help

I'm unfortunately not in charge of this part of the project, but i'll try to get the info as soon as i can.

Talking ACC4000 help greatly appreciated

Any help with this fella would be greatly appreciated

Lightbulb

Srtech : plz icq me 35249877 and i will introduce you in how to interface that motorola/gi acc4000

btw: it has standard ethernets ( 3 cards ) 1 optional onboard anic 1 modem 2 serial ports 1 serial multiports cards (4 ports) with 1 multiplexer attached with 8 ports

thanks

Great, I'll icq you as soon as I get a chance today. Thanks for comming to my rescue. ---SRtech

Originally posted by fxd0h
    Srtech : plz icq me 35249877 and i will introduce you in how to interface that motorola/gi acc4000

btw: it has standard ethernets ( 3 cards ) 1 optional onboard anic 1 modem 2 serial ports 1 serial multiports cards (4 ports) with 1 multiplexer attached with 8 ports

Okay, i'm now in charge of ACC4000 ip connection
    I was working on a test acc4000 and i thought someone in my company did make it work, but Motorola did it . And Motorola doesn't want to apply these changes on prod acc4000, so i might need your help a little bit too, fxd0h, if you agree.

Its ok , icq me.

Need help on this topic ASAP!!!!

Please reply to me!!!

Red face

I'm having issues with the ACC4000 in the channel islands. No support from Jerrold / Motorola, but no surprise there really. Unable to get ACC4000 install disks for love nor money. It's such a waste of time tbh.

I'm trying to build a spare duplicate machine and have had problem after problem. Got an old ACC4000 but someone managed to put NT on the hard disk. Trouble is the hard disk does have the BIOS information on it now, and that has been deleted

We have managed to use the spare NIC to connect to the machine with a laptop. Run both machines up using Knoffix and think I have managed to extract the data from the live machine and now intend to clone the data onto the spare, once I have the BIOS information installed. What a complete nightmare....

Thought I'd just add this, not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore, but this ACC had cause me nothing but grief.

Cheers Phill