Unanswered: Dynamic Table information

I was wondering, Is there a way to change the information in one column, depending on a value on another column. I want to calculate the total which is stored in one column, and it should gather the values from the other columns beside it. Can this be done in the table itself, or only through a form? Please help. Thank you.

You'll have to do that thru a query of some kind ...

Originally posted by M Owen
    You'll have to do that thru a query of some kind ...
    So, when entering info into the table, and when I fill in something for column 1 and 2, I would want the total column autmatically generated to sum 1 and 2. I guess that isn't possible in table view? I know it can be done through a Form, just wondering if it was possible through the table view itself. Thank you.

I was wondering, Is there a way to change the information in one column, depending on a value on another column. I want to calculate the total which is stored in one column, and it should gather the values from the other columns beside it. Can this be done in the table itself, or only through a form? Please help. Thank you.
    Nope. Only thru a form/query ... Technically only a query ...

Originally posted by M Owen
    Nope. Only thru a form/query ... Technically only a query ...
    Thank you.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Dynamic Table information

Originally posted by Shashant
    M Owen is right, also you can do it through a DAO or an ADO if you have many comparisons. But it takes mor time to be executed.