Unanswered: A protection idea

All we know some tricks to protect our data (ex. mde, password...).

I would like to ear from you ideas to protect the prog itself, like a little text file in the middle of the thounsands files there are in \windows or \windows\system... that somebody copying the prog itself it coudn't run.

Is there some suggestion about it?

Thank you all.

Ruas

I usually protect things using the a system.mdw file. I make various groups and then for the database in question, I prohibit members of the default 'Users' group from doing anything.

I've also created a hidden table in the back end database that has the most recent version number in it. That way, multiple users with their own front end copy are warned when the version numbers don't match.

That's about as complicated as I've done.
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by jpshay
    I usually protect things using the a system.mdw file. I make various groups and then for the database in question, I prohibit members of the default 'Users' group from doing anything.

I've also created a hidden table in the back end database that has the most recent version number in it. That way, multiple users with their own front end copy are warned when the version numbers don't match.

That's about as complicated as I've done.

I go even simpler then that. I pull the username from the windows API and check it against an external table on our sql server. This both ensures that the correct person is using the db, and that they are physically inside my building.