Red face Unanswered: My db wont even open!

I have an Access dbase & something happened yesterday & it didnt shut down properly. Now when I click on the icon, MS Access opens as if I was going to create a new dbase???? Any ideas -- cant get the database window to show or anything. If anyone could help -- would be greatly appreciated!!

Provided Answers: 1
    I have to say, that sounds pretty bleak.

Try connecting to a table in the db with an odbc driver and see if you can suck some data out of it. If you're lucky, you only damaged the code.

We must consider 2 things:

1. Problem with Access (try to repair/reinstall)

2. Problem with the .mdb

In this case try to fix the corrupt database - http://rogersaccesslibrary.com/Other...#Whittle,Jerry

Regards,

Ruas

The direct link is:

http://rogersaccesslibrary.com/Other...sp?SampleName='Fix%20Corrupt%20Access%20Database%20v3.2'

Ruas

Unhappy

Thanks for that -- Ive found an application called AccessFix by www.cimaware.com & downloaded demo & it finds all my tables & data ok -- of course you have to pay for full version --- Any idea how the software would work as if it can recognise my data -- maybe there is another way like perhaps opening the mdb in another program???? Thanks

Provided Answers: 1

Re: My db wont even open!

Originally posted by mal74
    I have an Access dbase & something happened yesterday & it didnt shut down properly. Now when I click on the icon, MS Access opens as if I was going to create a new dbase???? Any ideas -- cant get the database window to show or anything. If anyone could help -- would be greatly appreciated!!
    Try under the window menu in the main tool bar to choose cascade.