Unanswered: Find max entry in table

I would like to select the highest id in a table for each computer record.

example data:
    ID Computer name
    24 computer1
    23 computer1
    22 computer2
    24 computer3

The max id is not going to be the same for every computer.

When the script below is run, I receive the highest number only. All IDs with 24 will be listed. I need all the computer names and the highest ID they are associated with. In the case above, 24 computer1 should be on the list and 23 computer1 should not.

Thanks,

Script....

Select s.id_snapshot, s.server_name, texttype, sp, install_date, bios_date, os, ram, ramused, dns_nameservers, manufacturer, s.model, s.serial, mbmanufacturer, lastuser, boottime, idletime, ieversion, iespnumber, vendor, model2
    From servers s Join processors p
    On s.server_name = p.server_name and s.id_snapshot = p.id_snapshot
    where s.id_snapshot = (Select MAX (id_snapshot)
    From servers)

Select s.id_snapshot, s.server_name, texttype, sp, install_date, bios_date, os, ram, ramused, dns_nameservers, manufacturer, s.model, s.serial, mbmanufacturer, lastuser, boottime, idletime, ieversion, iespnumber, vendor, model2
    inner join (Select sid=MAX (id_snapshot) From servers group by [Computer Name]) maxsid on s.id_snapshot = maxsid.sid

mpereziii, your query should work too ... Do you have any issues?

Originally posted by rdjabarov
    inner join (Select sid=MAX (id_snapshot) From servers group by [Computer Name]) maxsid on s.id_snapshot = maxsid.sid

With the original query mpereziii was getting only rows where id_snapshot was equal to the maximum value in the table.

Thanks for the response.
    I adjusted my script with your suggestion. I received too many rows. 424,000 rows and it searched for 18sec.

The query returned every id_snapshot for every server_name (computer name).

inner join (Select sid=MAX (id_snapshot) From servers group by [server_name]) maxsid on s.id_snapshot = maxsid.sid

How about this:

inner join (Select server_name, sid=MAX (id_snapshot) From servers group by [server_name]) maxsid on s.id_snapshot = maxsid.sid and s.server_name = maxsid.server_name

Thank you sjp. The query now works very well. I really appreciate everyones input. Thank you.