Unanswered: How to have Mysql Update Content Every 24 Hours

Hi everybody,
    So I kind of have an issue. There is a FoxPro databse which I need to access information from. I tyhen need to take this information and put it on the web. Since I have no idea how to use FoxPro I was hoping I could have an automated script that would have MySQL import the FoxPRo(I think it uses MSSQL) database content and then have php read everything from Mysql. However the Foxpro database is ever changing and so we would ned to keep the Mysql update current, within 24 hours. So the question becomes, how could I import the FoxPro database into Mysql and how could I import/update the Mysql database every 24 hours (crontab?)?

if you think there is a better solution such as Just going directly from the FoxPro database that would be great. However I have been looking into it and it seems rather complicated to have php and FoxPro (MSSQL) interact but maybe I am under the wrong impression. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!

dhoyos,

Using crontab seems like a good idea. I have not run into anything yet that can automate what you want to do. If you run across such a solution, please post back.

Good luck!

Piet

There is an ODBC driver for Foxpro. Just use PHP's OBDC functions to connect and select data directly from the database.

ODBC works. Another strategy is to use the MSSQL DTS - which builds scheduled data pumps.